This is not what I expected....

Wednesday, January 18, 2006

One more thing about MLK Day....

One of those "3 activities" that I do each year is to talk with my kindergartners about what it means to have a dream and what the unlimited possibilities are for each of them. Then their assignment is to complete the sentence "I have a dream..." and then draw a picture of what they dream to do when they grow up.

So, 2006 in a class of 16 children, here are the dreams of the future.
8 girls - 1 ice skater, 3 Princesses, 2 doctors, 1 vet and 1 firefighter.
8 boys - 2 police officers, 1 firefighter (with a fire dog), 1 doctor, 1 nurse, 1 astronaut, 1 cowboy and 1 king!

I love that there are some who aspire to be leaders and others who choose to serve their community. We need all kinds! My only concern are those in royalty - the 3 little girls already act like they should be treated like Princesses and the little boy who would be king, tries DAILY to practice by ruling our class...if I can just guide him into being a positive leader and not a TYRANT!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home