This is not what I expected....

Friday, December 09, 2005

It takes all kinds

Me: Class, if you work really quietly I will put on some Christmas music.
Tyreke: Got any rap Christmas music? I like rap!
Alexis: Ms. Herrington listens to country music. That's what my sister told me. She don't got any rap.

SO - I went to my local rap-music recording friend (Josh - he records all kinds of music actually) and he gave me "Christmas in Hollis" by RunDMC. He says it's 'old school' but my kids will like it!

Thanks, Josh, for helping me to be "hip" in my "hopping" kindergarten class!

PS - Alexis' sister who knows my music style (I am not sure why or how) is Ramesha of the famed "you just LOOK old" quote.

1 Comments:

  • At 11:10 AM, Blogger Laura said…

    Ooohh! Betty, I'm glad you're back.
    I had checked in for quite a while, but then I gave up after that last dry spell.

    Glad to see you're posting, and now I've got some reading to do to catch up.

    Love y'all.
    Merry Christmas!!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home