This is not what I expected....

Monday, February 21, 2005

Just when I think I have life under control....

Silly me! I get this false perception that I am "controlling my life" and then, Wam! The rules change, the setting and the characters change....When will I ever understand the concept that the only thing that I can be sure of is...you guessed it - CHANGE is going to happen! You would think someone my age would have caught on by now. Why do I resist it so? And yet good things come from change as well as difficult things...and sometimes "change" is neither good nor bad, it just is!!

AHA! I have a way to keep from being so frustrated with Change! I think I have a way to play a trick on Mr.Change! Are you ready for my secret? Promise not to tell? Everytime I am faced with it, I am going to step right up and act as though I PLANNED the Change....be delighted about it, be the "f-word" in the midst of it (Flexible, of course - I KNOW that is what YOU were thinking, RIGHT?) I am going to look it straight in the face and welcome it with open arms! I am going to refuse to whine or complain....Hey, I may EVEN be HAPPY about it! After all, this IS my life and I have a right to feel however I want. If I choose to be happy and content, by golly, I am going to choose that! Even if I have to choose it again and again every day!

(Do you think I will be convincing the next time the C-word happens? Well, we won't have to wait long to see....it happens more often than I care to realize!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home