This is not what I expected....

Sunday, November 21, 2004

Hoping that I get what I am expecting....

What a great day to begin a holiday.....drizzling rain continually falling, an occasional clap of thunder, music playing in the background, looking out the kitchen window at the Houston skyline, all alone with an occasional pop-in from a friend just to say 'hi', not really needing anything - just checking in, knowing Jim is in Guatemala.

You probably thought I was being my usual sarcastic self at first, didn't you? I am serious - the rain is a welcome to me......makes me not want to do anything that I ought to be doing or need to be doing.

I love that, for the second year now, I get the whole week off for Thanksgiving. It is going to be a great week! I love putting my job behind me for a few days. It's not like taking a day off because, as I have written before, I make it a much harder job leaving things ready for a substitute teacher than most do, so it is almost not worth it just for a day - unless the reason I am taking off is worth it....? But being off for a whole week....wow! Where will I begin?

And here we are back where I started this posting.....sitting at the kitchen table, on a rainy day, looking out the window, listening to music, doing e-mail and blogging - NOT lesson plans today!

Other things I am looking forward to this week -
* Amanda and her friend Stacey coming home
* Haley and Abby spending the night
* going to the Bellville ranch for the day with the 4 girls mentioned above and Jim
* cooking and preparing for Thanksgiving lunch on Thursday for friends and family
* going to Lufkin for a "Day after Thanksgiving" dinner with the Brasher/Herrington families
* getting Christmas decorations out - but NOT before Thanksgiving is over and has been respectfully celebrated
* cleaning out the garage (Yes, I am looking forward to that - there is such a great sense of accomplishment to have a wreck of a place in a more orderly way. Besides, I won't be able to get those Christmas boxes out until I clear a path)

Each one of the items listed above could easily be it's own posting with the thoughts each brings to mind, but I think I will just add one more to it, being that I am going to try to write each day about one of those things as they occur. On the surface each may seem to have said all that is needed....but if you know me, you know there are lots of thoughts that want to roll out of my mouth, unleashed. I really am trying to exercise self-control in that I don't HAVE to say everything that runs through my mind. But, hey! The good thing about you reading what I am thinking and not having to listen is that you can always just skim through it and get to the bottom line, which is what many people unlike me prefer, right Jim?

All that being said, I think I am going to get back to that rain, skyline and my diet coke and close up this computer! Maybe someone else will stop by and want to visit and have a soda with me....you never know what will happen next around here! And I love it!

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home