This is not what I expected....

Saturday, September 11, 2004

Life has its ways....

Sometimes I am totally amazed at myself! Thinking I had somehow duplicated my first posting, having 2 copies the same, I deleted it. I can be such a ditz! The words are gone - just as though they never existed. My reference to making lemonade in the 2nd posting (which is now the first one) losses it's importance because of my elaborations in my first first posting (the one deleted - are you with me?).

After hours of trying to restore that which was lost, I finally gave up... why can't I just give up instead of wasting so much time on something that is futile?

My determination and perserverence (otherwise known by my family as stubborness and hard-headedness) just won't let me give up....

In my younger years, I had expected to get my degree in education, teach two years and THEN get married. Instead, I was married after 1 1/2 years of college. I actually didn't begin teaching in public schools until I had been married 20 years! That was not what I was expecting......

I always expected that my mom would be around to teach me how to be a good grandmother - I sure am glad at least that I have my mother-in-law to look to....she truly loves her grand- and great-grandchildren! I just thought....

Being the control freak that I am, I always thought that I would be in control of my life at all times. I figured as long as I told God what I wanted and needed, he would take care of it all would be fine! Somewhere along the way the system changed - it is amazing how when you ask God to be in charge, how drastically things can change. I know that "his ways are not my ways," which oten times causes lots of stress, chaos and upheaval in my life. But given the alternative, I am glad He is in charge and not me. I don't always understand or know what is going on, but since He did create the universe and me, I am confident that He knows more about all this than me. It just feels kinda scary sometimes....but it sure grows one's faith.

Not being in charge me leaves me with a life full of the unexpected......I think I can live with that ...today.

Oh, by the way...I was able to retrieve that first posting...my stubborness was once again validated.

2 Comments:

  • At 3:48 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hola Betty,
    I thought I would wait and see if I would understand "blogging" better after several postings. finally I understand.. Go Girl!....
    geneva

     
  • At 6:52 AM, Blogger mrjoshua said…

    BETTY!!!!!!! write some more now!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home