This is not what I expected....

Saturday, October 23, 2004

These are a few of my favorite things....

(I found this in my "drafts" from a few weeks ago that I never finished, so here it is.)

So what do I REALLY value?

Spending time with friends - spending time alone.

Doing things for others - doing nothing at all! (like watch old movies on Sunday mornings or Law & Order late at night).

Honoring and celebrating others with a party - going on a date with my husband.

My kindergartners - they are so much funny - and they can be so frustrating! But what a blessing they are. They sure teach me more than I could ever teach them.

Harbor Church - this 6 year or so journey as been the hardest thing we have ever done, but the most rewarding and joy-giving thing we have ever done. I have done things and seen things and known people that otherwise, I would have never experienced.

My family - I am so proud - in the best and worst sort of way - of my kids and grandkids. Each of them bring to our "table" their own uniqueness of joys and trials. I DO hope they each know what a treasure they are in my heart and in my life.

And, then Jim - I am still so in love with my best friend, my partner in life, my husband, that I don't what to say or do. I never thought life would be this way, but I am so glad it is.

Ok, there is probably more, but I am in tears right now so I need to stop and get a grip!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home