This is not what I expected....

Wednesday, February 22, 2006

One more thing...

I don't think I have ever posted 3 entries in one day on my blog, but I have had a busy weekend and wanted to write down the things I was thinking about that my little ones had said and ....

I have an announcement...

but first...some background info. Last August I discovered Reid Whitaker! Well, actually I discovered he was living here in Houston, in Montrose and was a teacher for HISD! I was so thrilled that I e-mailed him to see if he was THE Reid Whitaker I knew when he was a toddler living in Ft. Worth. Indeed he was! And is! And in September we finally worked it out for him to come over for dinner. And he has been coming over every Monday that he is available ever since! (He had not been here for about 3-4 weeks so he joined us for Valentine's Day dinner -which was a Tuesday!)

I want to say I have grown to love Reid Whitaker, but actually I loved him when he and his twin sister were born and until they were 3 years old and we moved to Houston. The truth is that I loved him first, because I loved his mom and dad, Kathy and Steve. They were some of our dearest friends at our church and in our neighborhood for about 4 years. But now I love him for who HE is and not just because of his amazing family that he comes from. He is witty, loves to laugh, loves to bring desserts when he comes (homemade or bought, we don't care!), is very thoughtful and helpful - jumps in and makes coffee or helps load the dishes or put away the food, genuinely loves the children he has taught and works with, is very intelligent - loves to read all genre of literature that helps him to grow and learn new ways of thinking and doing things, and is very ambitious for the sake of the education of the children of this city.

I think I could go on, but now for the announcement: Steve and Kathy Whitaker are coming to Houston this weekend and are coming for brunch Sunday morning! I am so excited about seeing them again I can hardly stand it!

So, Kathy and Steve, I hope my enthusiasm is not overwhelming to you! See you Sunday!

So, I will stop now and will blog about their visit afterwards.
(I hate that my blogging is so long - I go on and on and on..."let my words be few!" But not tonight!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home